Cherry tomatoes are unique among all tomatoes. They retain their sweet taste and aroma regardless of the season.
So until the real seasonal tomatoes, warmed by the hot sun with piercing smelling, and sparkling on the cut with small grains of sugar don’t appear at markets, take and prepare small and sweet cherry tomatoes! You can bake them with fragrant olive oil and thyme, garlic sprinkled with coarse sea salt – it will be very tasty.
These tomatoes will be perfect with spaghetti or bruschettas. Try to cook them use main and 2 additional recipes below.
Cherry Tomatoes Baked with Thyme, Garlic and Olive Oil
- Cherry tomatoes – 500 gr
- Young garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Thyme – 5-6 branches
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp.
- Sea salt – a pinch
Baked Cherry Tomatoes – Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Wash the cherry tomatoes, put in a baking tray.
- Cut in half the heads of garlic in diameter, put it in a tray to tomatoes and add thyme there.
- Sprinkle with salt, pour with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, make sure that tomatoes do not burn.
- Remove baked tomatoes from the oven and cool slightly on the baking sheet.
Spaghetti with Baked Cherry Tomatoes
- Baked tomatoes – 300 g
- Grated hard cheese – 4 tbsp.
- Olive oil and freshly ground black pepper – for serving
Spaghetti – Preparation:
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the package, drain the water.
- Mix spaghetti with baked tomatoes and garlic.
- Serve with grated cheese, season with black pepper and sprinkle with olive oil.
Bruschetta with Soft Feta Cheese and Baked Cherry Tomatoes
With the remaining of tomatoes you can make bruschetta.
- Baked tomatoes – 200 g
- Soft feta cheese – 200 g
- Rye rustic bread – 1-2 slices
- Basil and balsamic vinegar – for serving
Bruschetta – Preparation:
- Dry the slices of rustic gray or black bread in a dry frying pan. Crumble soft feta cheese on a bread.
- Put on top baked tomatoes, basil leaves and season with balsamic vinegar.