Chocolate banana cake is almost like traditional banana cake, but with a taste of roasted nuts, dark chocolate and cocoa. It’s sweet, fragrant and moist.
Cake with crunchy sugar crust – good for breakfast, and just like that, for tea. A great way to use ripe, but so odorous bananas and chocolate remains after the holidays.
- Walnuts and pine nuts – ½ cup (55 g)
- Flour – 1 ¾ cup (230 g)
- Sugar – 1 glass (200 g)
- Cocoa – ¼ cup (30 g)
- Butter – ½ cup (113 g)
- Ripe bananas – 3 pieces (450 g)
- Eggs – 2 pieces
- Chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate – ½ cup (85 g)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Soda – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp.
Chocolate Banana Cake – Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to a temperature at 180 ° C.
- Prepare a baking dish, grease it with butter and dust with flour.
- Mash the bananas into a puree.
- Put the nuts on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, then cool and chop large.
- Take a cup and mix 1-2 tablespoons of chopped nuts with brown sugar and leave for sprinkling.
- Mix in a large bowl flour with cocoa powder, add sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Put in a different bowl pre-mashed bananas, softened butter, lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract.
- Add a neatly bananas to the dry ingredients blend and mix them without blending long. The mix should not be homogeneous.
- Add chocolate and nuts, mix well.
- Put the dough into a baking dish. Sprinkle with mix of chopped nuts and brown sugar.
- Bake the chocolate banana cake for 55-65 minutes. Check that the cake is ready using a toothpick. It should be dry then it leave the center of the cake.
- Cool the finished cake in the baking form. Then remove from the form and cut into portions. Completely cooled cake is more convenient to cut.