Shrimps paella is quite difficult to prepare a dish, because it is multi-stage. In fact, it’s not too difficult enough to understand the main points and have the right products.
The main ingredient in paella is the right rice.
There are some kinds of rice which can absorb up to 4 volumes of water, taking all the flavors, and remaining crumbly and non-sticky. The most popular of them is Bomb rice.
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- Rice Bomb – 150 g
- Fish broth – 600 ml
- Thawed or chilled shrimps – 400 g
- Ripe large tomato – 1 pcs.
- Red bell pepper – ¼ pc.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh chili pepper – ½ pc.
- Smoked paprika – ½ tsp.
- Sweet dried paprika – ½ tsp.
- Saffron – a pinch
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Lemon, parsley for serving
Shrimps Paella – Preparation:
- Peel and grind garlic.
- Take out the seeds and finely chop the chili.
- Cut the tomato in half and grate on the grater so that the peel does not rub along with the flesh.
- Slice the bell pepper into cubes. Dissolve the saffron in a tablespoon of warm water and set aside.
- Preheat the frying pan well, pour in the vegetable oil.
- Fry garlic until golden, add chili to it.
- After 1 minute, add the bell pepper into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then slide everything to the edge of the frying pan, put shrimps on it in one layer and fry them for a minute on each side so they change the color.
- Lay the shrimps out of the frying pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Add into the frying pan a blend of smoked and sweet paprika, mix thoroughly.
- Add the grated tomato, and fry it until the liquid evaporates. Pour into the frying pan fish broth, bring it to a boil, add salt and saffron.
- Don’t rinse the rice and pour it into the boiling over high heat broth and level it. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put roasted shrimps on the rice, reduce the heat and cook for another 10-12 minutes UNTIL absorbing almost the entire liquid.
- Taste for salt and add some if it necessary.
- Remove the paella from the fire and let it stand for 5 minutes. During this time the rice will reach the desired condition and absorb the remaining liquid.
- Sprinkle shrimps paella with parsley and serve with slices of lemon.