Custard cream cake is a quite simple and tasty cake made of nut biscuit with tender cream and fresh berries.
The main thing is to bake a soft biscuit and make a smooth cream. Then just mix your favorite berries, put them on the cake and enjoy the taste!
- Sugar – 120g
- Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds) – 70 gr
- Eggs – 4 pcs.
- Flour – 65g
- Yolks – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 30g
- Sugar powder – 40g
- Flour – 40g
- Milk – 400ml
- Vanilla – 1 pod
- Cream for whipping (30%) – 150 gr
- Fresh berries – 300g
Custard Cream Cake – Preparation:
- Grind the nuts and lightly fry them.
- Whisk yolks and a half of sugar to a lush, almost white mass.
- Whisk the egg whites until a firm foam, add sugar and whisk until dense and shiny.
- Add the yolks to the whites and mix.
- Add flour and nuts. Mix everything.
- Place the dough in an ungreased baking form and bake at 180-200 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- To ensure that the nut sponge cake does not fall after being removed from the oven, cool it by turn the form over and place it on two bowls so that the edge of the form rests on them.
- Put the yolks in a bowl with flour and powdered sugar. Stir well. But do not shake.
- Preheat milk to boiling with sugar and vanilla.
- Pour hot milk into the yolks (you can only pour half the milk), constantly stirring.
- Pour the blend back into the pan and stir until it thickens. The stronger the fire, the more vigorous you need to stir. On high heat, you can stir with the whisk, the cream will be brewed literally in half a minute. On a weak fire will have to stir longer.
- Cool the cream, cover it with a film, and then put it in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream in a thick cream.
- Mix them with cold custard.
- Cut the biscuit in half. Put the bottom cake directly on a beautiful substrate or plate.
- Spread half the cream, cover with the top layer. Lay out the remaining cream.
- Rinse the berries and dry them.
- Decorate the cake with berries.