Custard cream cake is a quite simple and tasty cake recipe made of nut biscuits with homemade custard cream filling and fresh berries.
The main thing is to bake a soft biscuit and make a light and fluffy cream. Then just mix your favorite berries, put them on the cake with custard and enjoy the taste of good food!
- Sugar – 120 g.
- Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds) – 70 g.
- Eggs – 4 pcs.
- Flour – 65 g.
- Yolks – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 30 g.
- Sugar powder – 40 g.
- Flour – 40 g.
- Milk – 400 ml
- Vanilla (or vanilla essence) – 1 pod
- Cream for whipping (30%) – 150 g.
- Fresh berries – 300 g.
Custard Cream Cake – Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to a 180-200 ° C.
- Grind the nuts and lightly dry them in an oven.
- Whisk yolks and a half of sugar to a lush, almost white mass.
- Whisk the egg whites until a firm foam, add sugar and whisk until dense and shiny mass.
- Add the gentle yolks to the whites and mix.
- Add flour and nuts. Mix everything.
- Place the dough in an ungreased baking form and bake at 180-200 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- To ensure that the nut biscuit does not fall after being removed from the oven, cool it by turn the form over and place it on two bowls so that the edge of the form rests on them.
Cook the Custard Cream while the biscuit is baking.
- Put the yolks in a bowl with flour and powdered sugar. Stir well. But do not shake.
- Preheat milk to boiling with sugar and vanilla.
- Pour hot milk into the yolks (you can only pour half the milk), constantly stirring.
- Pour the custard into the pan and stir until it thickens. The stronger the fire, the more vigorous you need to stir. On high heat, you can stir with the whisk, the cream will be brewed literally in half a minute. On a weak fire will have to stir longer.
- Cool the cream, cover it with a film, and then put it in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream in a thick mass.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream with cold custard.
Let’s make this foodie flavours custard cake.
- Cut the biscuit in a half. Put the bottom cake layer directly on a beautiful substrate or a plate.
- Spread the half of custard creams on a cake, cover with the top cake layer. Lay out the remaining cream.
- Rinse the berries and dry them.
- Decorate the cake with berries.
Custard cream cake recipe is a perfect Sunday lunch party food and your family and kids will fall in love with it.