Dark chocolate meringues is very simple and delicious dessert. Everyone usually like it without exception. And it turns out for everyone who knows how to bake ordinary white meringues.
The main secret of this dessert is the combination of sweet meringue and bitter chocolate. Doing this with milk chocolate does not make sense. Choose dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70%.
- Egg whites – 2 pcs.
- Sugar – 100g
- Dark chocolate – 75gr
Dark Chocolate Meringues -Preparation:
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper and heat the oven to 130 ° C. This is important to do in advance.
Melt the chocolate. Pour a little water into the pan, boil it, reduce the heat and put a bowl of chocolate on top of the pan so that the bottom does not touch the water. Stir the chocolate all the time, using a silicone spatula. Do not let steam get into the chocolate! This is the safest way for chocolate to melt.
- Put two egg whites in a bowl and whisk at the maximum speed of the mixer until they transformed into a tight white foam. The foam should keep on the whisk and not be a flowable.
- Add sugar and whisk for a few more minutes, the mass should become snow-white, dense and shiny.
- Pour the chocolate (it can be a temperature of about 40 ° C or lower, it’s not important) into the beaten egg whites, try to blend it evenly.
- Using a fork or spoon, stir with two or three movements egg whites with chocolate.
- Immediately use a spoon to lay this mass on the prepared baking sheet. Form rather large meringue, near the half palm size.
- Bake meringues in the oven at the temperature of 130 ° C for 1 hour.
- These dark chocolate meringues will be very delicious, so – just bake a double portion at once!