Focaccia is a flat Italian bread, which is prepared from both yeast and unleavened dough. You can add any fillings in it, for example, olives, dried tomatoes, thyme, parmesan, mushrooms and others.
Prepare this bread from the very morning, and your house will be filled with incredible aromas! Focaccia is also great for brunches. And this is a very tasty snack for wine!
Below you can choose between 3 recipes. The difference is only a dough. Focaccia fillings may be as you prefer the best.
This recipe with rosemary, it gives an incredibly rich taste and aroma to a bread.
- Flour – 500 g
- Salt – 2 tsp.
- Yeast – 7 g
- Olive oil – 80 ml
- Warm water – 250 ml
- Rosemary – 30 g
Rosemary Focaccia – Preparation:
- Mix in a bowl the flour with salt, yeast, olive oil and warm water. Stir well and knead the dough. It is necessary that the dough becomes elastic.
- Then take a baking dish, sprinkle it with flour and roll the prepared dough into a small rectangular flat bread.
- Cover unbaked focaccia with a kitchen towel and put in warm place for 30 minutes and let the dough to rise and become lush. When the dough rises, make a small dimple in it and place rosemary sprigs in it.
- Then put focaccia in the oven at a temperature of 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour baked focaccia with olive oil and cut into small rectangular pieces.
Focaccia with Tomatoes
- Flour – 250 g + 1-2 tbsp.
- Warm water – 180 ml
- Dry yeast – 5 g
- Dried basil – 1 tbsp.
- Tomatoes – 1-2 pcs.
- Salt – a pinch
- Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
Focaccia with Tomatoes – Preparation:
- Mix the flour with salt and yeast.
- Pour the water into the flour and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Knead the dough, if necessary adding 1-2 tbsp. of flour.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a napkin and leave for 1 hour.
- Then spread the dough over the baking tray with oiled hands.
- Cut tomatoes, spread over the dough.
- Sprinkle with basil, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake focaccia in the oven at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes.
Focaccia with Tomatoes and Balsamic Vinegar
- Wheat flour – 150 g
- Corn flour – 50 g
- Yeast – 10 g
- Water – 120 ml
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp. + a little more
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Cherry tomatoes – 8-10 pcs.
- Balsamic vinegar – 1-2 tbsp.
- Spicy herbs (oregano, rosemary) – 1/2 tbsp.
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
Focaccia with Tomatoes and Balsamic Vinegar – Preparation:
- Mix wheat and corn flour. Add the salt.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, add sugar and leave for 10 minutes. During this time the yeast blend should start to foam.
- Pour the yeast blend into the flour, add the olive oil and knead the dough.
- Knead the dough well, form it in a ball, spread with olive oil and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Slice the tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Add olive oil, spicy herbs and finely chopped garlic. Sprinkle with salt and balsamic vinegar and mix everything.
- Stretch the dough with hands in flat bread and put it on a baking sheet.
- Lay sliced tomatoes on the dough.
- Bake focaccia in the oven at 200 ° C for 15-20 minutes.