Strawberry cake is a real soul of summer.
When warm air spread the aroma of freshly picked, sun-ripened strawberries in the kitchen, you have no choice but to cook this wonderful cake. It bakes quickly, and it turns out surprisingly tasty!
- Wheat Flour – 100 g
- Sugar – 150 g
- Vanilla sugar – 2 tsp
- Eggs – 4 pieces
- Hot water – 3 tbsp
- Starch -25 g
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 3 tbsp
- Sour cream – 400 g
- Mascarpone – 220 g
- Vanilla – a pinch
- Sugar Powder – 120 g
- Strawberry – 10-15 berries (or the more – the better!)
- Fresh mint – several leaves.
Strawberry Cake – Preparation:
- Make a biscuit. Whisk the eggs with water at a maximum speed of mixer for one minute, until the foam is formed.
- Mix sugar and vanilla sugar and add in several portions to the egg mass.
- Mix and sift flour, starch, baking powder and cocoa, add these dry ingredients to the egg mass gradually.
- Finally, mix everything to homogeneous blend at a minimum speed of mixer.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment and oil it with butter spread the dough evenly.
- Bake the dough in a preheated oven to 160 ° C, for 25-30 minutes.
- Take a biscuit from the oven, get it from the baking dish and let it cool down on a grate. Then cut it in a half.
- Prepare a cream. Beat up sour cream with powdered sugar and vanilla, then add mascarpone, whisk everything until smooth.
- Make a strawberry cake. Wash and dry the berries and mint.
- If you really have a lot of strawberries, then choose the most beautiful berries for cake decorating (cut them in a half).
- Chop the remaining berries into small pieces and lay them on the cake layers. The juice of the sliced berries will become a perfect impregnation for the cake and make it more fragrant and moist.
- Put the cream on the sliced berries.
- Decorate the top of the cake with cream, berries halves and mint leaves.