Millefeuille is a crispy puff pastry, saturated with a delicate lemon cream and decorated with various fruits and berries.
This recipe is a pretty easy to cook, you don`t need to waste a lot of time on a puff pastry preparation.
Buy a ready-made dough in advance, then you just need to bake it, and you’ll have to cook only a lemon cream.
I advise you always to keep at the freezer a pack of a ready puff dough, then guests on the doorstep will never take you by surprise.
Millefeuille is a very beautiful and tasty dessert, which combines a lot of tasty sensations.
You can use any fruits and berries!
- Ready-made puff pastry – 1 psc.
- Milk – 250 ml
- Yolk – 2 pcs.
- Sugar – 80 g
- Flour – 80 g
- Lemon peel – 1 pcs.
- Sugar powder – 100 g
- Fruits and berries – 100 g
- Mint leaves– for decoration
Millefeuille – Preparation:
- First, prepare the lemon cream. Whisk yolks with sugar until lush. Gradually pour into the egg blend warm milk with lemon zest and mix everything. Add the sifted flour and mix again. Heat the cream and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool the cream and put it in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the puff pastry on the board with sprinkled flour. Divide the dough into small rectangles. Place the dough strips on a baking dish, pre-covered with parchment paper.
- Spread abundantly puff strips with sugar powder.
- Bake puff strips at a temperature of 180 ° C 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the baked strips from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Cover each strip with lemon cream.
- Make two layers of cream between the strips, put a third layer of the cream on the third pastry strip of.
- Take your favorite fruits or berries, wash them and wet the excess of water with paper towel.
- Peel the fruits and remove seeds if it necessary.
- Lay on the top of each cake pieces of fruits and berries.
- Decorate the finished cake with mint leaves and sprinkle with powdered sugar.