Mocha cake is a delicious dessert for coffee lovers.
It is not necessary to make tiny cupcakes – the whole cake will turn out the same!
- Eggs – 3 pcs. (160g)
- Sugar – 75g
- Flour – 110g
- Nuts – 40g
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 210g
- Sugar – 110g
- Cream 30% – 60g
- Vanilla sugar – 5g
- Double espresso – 1 cup (30ml)
- Coffee liquor – 1 tbsp.
- Dark Chocolate – 70g
- Butter – 40g
Mocha Cake – Preparation:
- Whisk yolks and a half of sugar into a thick almost white mass.
- Beat the egg whites into a firm foam, add the remaining sugar and whisk even before the density and gloss. Mix the proteins and yolks, add the sifted flour and gently mix.
- Mix the eggs whites and yolks, add the sifted flour and gently mix.
- Place the biscuit mass on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, spread it quickly, sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts.
- Bake at 200° C for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool the baked biscuit, without removing it from the paper.
- Cook a cream. Put 70 g butter in a saucepan, add cream, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Bring with stirring until boiling. Boil, stirring, a couple of minutes on medium heat, until a syrup become similar to a condensed milk, then cool to room temperature.
- Whip the remaining butter in a light cream and add the creamy syrup in small portions.
- In the end add coffee and then liquor and mix everything.
- Make a cake. Cut the cooled biscuit into three pieces. Cut uneven edges.
- Spread the bottom cake layer with cream, cover with a medium layer, again spread with cream, cover with the top layer.
- Put aside a tablespoon of cream in a confectionery bag with a curly head.
- Spread the remaining cream on the top and sides of cake.
- Put the biscuit in the fridge to keep the cream well.
- Cut the cooled mocha cake with cream into square pieces measuring about 5×5 cm.
- Melt the chocolate with butter and pour on an each piece of cake.
- Decorate the cakes with cream from the confectionery bag and nuts.