Pasta with Chicken Meatballs is an easy cooked recipe for delicious comfort food meal.
Meatballs are known around the world with different names. In Sweden national cuisine they are dominating in main dishes.
Brown baked meatballs are ideally combined with almost any sauces. It’s not necessary to put meatballs in the pasta. Bake them and use any other side dish: salad, mashed potatoes or vegetables, whatever you want.
So, follow directions below and you’ll find a very tasty great dinner!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
For chicken meatballs recipe:
- Chicken fillet (or chicken mince) – 2 pieces (400 gr)
- Onion – 1/2 pieces
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves
- Celery Leaves (or Parsley) – 1-2 sprigs
- Rosemary – 1 sprig
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – a handful
- Eggs – 1 pcs.
- Salt – a pinch
- Freshly ground black pepper – a pinch
- Italian seasoning (optional) – a pinch
- Pasta (spaghetti, orecchiette or whatever you want) – 200 g
- Green Peas (fresh or thawed) – 200 gr
- Cream 20% – 200 ml
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Basil – 3-4 sprigs
- Butter – 20 gr
- Parmesan – 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Ground Black Pepper – a pinch
Pasta with Chicken Meatballs – Preparation:
- Make minced meat from the chicken fillet. Put the mince in a large bowl and add finely chopped onions, garlic, celery or parsley, rosemary leaves, egg, mustard, cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix all thoroughly.
- Form mini chicken balls from the mince. Put them over parchment on a baking sheet and send to a preheated oven to 200° C on 25 minutes.
- Boil the water and cook the al-dente pasta (decrease the cooking time to 1 minute less than indicated on the package).
- Preheat the large saucepan or skillet.
- Fry the peas with garlic in olive oil.
- Add the cream and boil over high heat, reduce the heat and simmer this mixture over medium heat.
- When meatballs are baked, transfer them into a pan with cream sauce and cook them together for several minutes.
- Drain the pasta water from the macaroni, leaving some water in a saucepan.
- Transfer the sauce with the meatballs to the pasta, add butter, chopped basil leaves and mix.
- Form on a plate pasta nests with meatballs on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and immediately serve.
P.S. Want to know how real Swedish granny cook real Swedish meatballs? Watch cute video below and enjoy!