Lemon Cake with Poppy Seeds is an excellent bakery with clear and expected taste. If the weekend is ahead, then you can treat yourself with something delicious and wonderful like this poppy lemon cake. It is perfect with tea, with coffee, with milk or just by itself.
In addition, it is surprisingly easy to prepare. Do you like lemon? And poppy? Then this recipe is for you!
- Softened butter – 120 gr.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Sour cream – 90 gr.
- Sugar – 100 gr.
- Poppy seeds – 50 gr.
- Lemon peel – 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 25 ml.
- Vanilla sugar – 10 gr.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Wheat Flour – 140 gr.
- Lemon juice for cake impregnation – 1 tbsp.
Lemon Cake with Poppy Seeds- Preparation:
- Put poppy seeds in a bowl and pour boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. After recline seeds on a sieve and allow to completely drain water.
- Take the baking dish, spread with butter and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180° c.
- Beat the softened butter to a white lush mass with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Then add one egg at a time (the second egg is added only when the first egg is completely beats up with butter).
- Add salt, zest and lemon juice, sour cream, poppy seeds and mix everything.
- Sift the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Stir the mass to make a homogeneous dough without lumps.
- Pour the dough into a baking mold, send it into the heat oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and put it on the grate, allow it to cool slightly.
- Take a glass and mix 2 tablespoons of water with one tablespoon of a lemon juice.
- Then soak the cake with this lemon water.
- The top of lemon cake can be poured with sugar glaze.