Potatoes are always very tasty. When fresh thyme appears in the summer, be sure to prepare potato with it.
Add the young stems of flowering thyme to the potato and enjoy a new flavor of this familiar product!
Below there are 2 recipes how to make potato meals more varied using thyme.
Potatoes with Thyme and Chanterelles in Creamy Sauce
Fresh chanterelles, cooked in a creamy sauce, turn ordinary fried potato into a magnificent summer dish.
Believe, it’s worth to spend time on it.
- Fresh young potatoes – 1 kg.
- Chanterelles – 1,5 liters.
- Young garlic – 3-4 cloves.
- Bay leaf – 2 pcs.
- Thyme – a bunch.
- Cream – 150 ml
- Sea salt – ½ tsp.
- Fragrant pepper – 2 pcs.
- Ground green pepper – ¼ tsp.
- Ground white peppers – ¼ tsp.
- Clear water – 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil – 2-3 tbsp.
Potatoes with Thyme and Chanterelles – Preparation:
- Wash and peel potato, after cut it into thin strips.
- Fry on a pan in a well-heated vegetable oil whole garlic cloves, bay leaf and fragrant pepper.
- Add the potatoes and fry until golden brown, turning over. Add salt.
- Fry lightly chopped chanterelles in heated oil in other frying pan.
- Next, pour a cup of water to chanterelles and cook them on a medium heat with green and white peppers, bay leaves and a bunch of thyme.
- Pour cream to chanterelles, bring to a thickening and salt.
- Everything is ready, you can serve this dish!
Flavored Potatoes with Thyme and Garlic
Such potato will turn out to be surprisingly fragrant!
- Small fresh potatoes with peel – 1 kg
- Red onion – 1 pcs.
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Thyme – 3 sprigs
- Large salt – a pinch.
Flavored Potatoes – Preparation:
- Wash the potato thoroughly with a brush.
- Cook it in boiling water until it is ready, drain the water.
- Peel the red onions from the husk, cut it into large feathers.
- Disassemble the garlic into cloves, do not peel off the husks, wash them and crush them slightly with the flat side of the knife.
- Preheat the oil in a cast-iron frying pan and put the onions, garlic, thyme sprigs, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the frying pan, sprinkle with large salt and fry, stirring, for 6-7 minutes.