Red oranges, grapefruit and fennel salad – it’s juiciness, freshness and spice on one plate! It’s equally beautiful as a light snack, and as a dish that can alleviate tasty, but heavy and fatty dishes like roasted poultry or meat.
Allow the juice of fresh citrus to absorb all the freshness of fennel, the spice of the shallot, to mix with the aroma of freshly ground black pepper, expressive olive oil and immerse the leaves of crispy radicchio.
All the taste buds in the mouth will be caressed by the taste of this salad and will thank you.
And the eyes will be amazed by the incredible combination of shades of dark red on the plate.
- Fennel – ½ of a large tuber
- Radicchio salad – ½ of a small head
- Red Oranges – 3 pcs.
- Medium Pink Grapefruit – 1 pcs.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Shallots (optional) – 1 pcs.
- Salt – a pinch
- Freshly ground Black Pepper – a pinch
Red Oranges Salad – Preparation:
- Wash vegetables and dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the fennel tuber into thin slices with a sharp knife or with a slicer. Put them in a bowl, lightly salt and set aside.
- Cut the peel from oranges and a grapefruit, grabbing the white part.
- Carefully cut with a sharp knife the flesh from the citrus lobes, leaving the septum.
- Then squeeze the juice from the remaining partitions into a separate bowl, and drain the juice from the cleared lobules.
- Tear the leaves of radicchio to random pieces.
- Wash and peel the shallots and cut it into thin rings.
- Prepare a salad dressing.
- Put and mix in a bowl citrus juice, olive oil, ground black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of dressing into the shallots rings and leave them to marinate for 3-5 minutes, then drain the liquid.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the orange slices, grapefruit, fennel, marinated onions and radicchio leaves.
- Pour the dressing and let it brew for 5-10 minutes before serving.