Shortbread cookies have one main secret – it is a good quality pastry made with the best butter and milk.
Shortbread pastry is perfect because using always one recipe, the shape of your cookies can always be different. You can simply cut the dough into squares or rectangles or cut out the figure cookies using different molds.
But if you have a figured rolling pin, you can even make patterns on cookies! To make the patterns clear, warm the oven to maximum temperature (I have 250 ° C) and bake cookies for a few minutes. A lower temperature will make the picture blurry, and the cookies will be faded rather than golden.
- Flour – 320g
- Sugar powder – 90g
- Butter – 110g
- Patch or honey – 20g
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Large egg – 1 pcs.
- Vanilla – on the tip of the knife
- Salt – pinch
Shortbread Cookies – Preparation:
- Put in a large bowl the powdered sugar, softened butter, vanilla, a pinch of salt, honey and mix all these ingredients into a smooth and creamy mass.
- Add egg and milk, mix well with whisk.
- Add the flour and knead the dough.
- Form your shortbread dough into a lump and leave it at room temperature (20-23 ° C) for 15 minutes, covered with a film to make it more plastic.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface in a 4 mm thick layer.
- Swipe the dough with a figured rolling pin or simply cut it with a knife into the cookies. Also you can use your favorite cookie’s molds instead of knife or figure rolling pin.
- Put the cut out cookies on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Send the baking tray in the freezer so the cookies can cool well. If you put the warm cookies into the oven, the pattern on them will be less clear and became blurry.
- Bake shortbread cookies in an oven preheated to 250 ° C for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.