This tomato pie is made from fresh and stewed tomatoes. It’s a tasty combination of hotteness and freshness at the same time.
The sweeter the tomatoes in this pie – the better! Therefore, be sure to bake such a pie in the summer, when plenty of fresh tomatoes ripened in the sun. But still a delicious tomato pie can be baked in the winter. To do this, choose tomato varieties that do not lose their flavor in winter. The best choice will be black tomatoes in combination with different varieties of cherry tomatoes. So you will get a perfectly acceptable and tasty tomato pie in the winter.
- Flour – 300g
- Salted Butter – 150g
- Rosemary – a pinch
- Ice water – 8-9 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Shalot onion– 2 pcs.
- Chili pepper – 1 pcs.
- Salt – pinch
- Thyme – pinch
- Cooked tomato slices – 300 gr
- Large tomatoes – 4 pcs.
- Cherry tomatoes – 10-15 pcs.
Tomato Pie – Preparation:
- Chop the cold butter with flour and rosemary, make a well in this crumb and mix the dough with ice water.
- The dough should be elastic, not sticky, it should be with visible pieces of butter. Put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- For the filling, chop the garlic and onion finely.
- Fry them over medium heat, add chopped chili.
- Cook, stirring, until the onion becomes transparent (3-5 minutes), add tomatoes, salt and thyme.
- Boil everything on a small fire until thick.
- Cut the tomato peel criss-crosswise so that it is easy to remove it later. Pour them with boiling water for three minutes.
- Remove the tomato peel and cut them into thick slices.
- Roll the dough into a 20×30 cm layer.
- Fold the edges upwards, creating the edge and pinned the dough with a fork.
- Put the fried tomatoes on the dough.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Spread the cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters. Add salt. You can sprinkle pie with thyme.
- Bake a pie at 200 ° C for 35-40 minutes.
- Pour the pie with olive oil and serve.