This sweet tomato pie is the good pie recipe and made from fresh and stewed tomatoes. This delicious tomato dish is a tasty combination of spice and freshness at the same time.
It’s one of pretty easy homemade meals that you can cook for family feast and keep in mind like one of the breakfast brunch ideas and comfort food recipes.
Tomato pie recipe taste better when you choose the most sweeter tomatoes! Therefore, be sure to bake such pie in the summer, when plenty of fresh tomatoes ripened in the sun. But still a delicious and sweet tomato pie can be prepared as a comfort food in the winter.
To be enjoyed the recipe, choose for tomato pie sweet tomato varieties that do not lose their flavor in winter. The best choice will be black tomatoes in combination with different sorts of cherry tomatoes. In this way you will get a perfectly acceptable sweet and tasty tomato pie in the winter.
- Flour – 300g
- Salted Butter – 150g
- Rosemary – a pinch
- Ice water – 8-9 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Shalot onion– 2 pcs.
- Chili pepper – 1 pcs.
- Freshly ground black pepper – optional
- Salt – pinch
- Thyme – pinch
- Cooked tomato slices – 300 gr
- Large tomatoes – 4 pcs.
- Cherry tomatoes – 10-15 pcs.
Sweet Tomato Pie – Preparation:
- Chop the cold butter with flour and rosemary, make a well in this crumb and mix the dough with ice water.
- The dough should be elastic, not sticky, it should be with visible pieces of butter. Put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- For the filling, chop the garlic and onion finely.
- Fry them over medium heat, add chopped chili.
- Cook, stirring, until the onion becomes transparent (3-5 minutes), add tomatoes, salt and thyme.
- Boil everything on a small fire until thick.
- Cut the tomato peel criss-crosswise so that it is easy to remove it later. Pour them with boiling water for three minutes.
- Remove the tomato peel and cut them into thick slices.
- Roll the dough into a 20×30 cm layer.
- Fold the edges upwards, creating the future crust and pinned the dough with a fork.
- Put the fried tomatoes on the dough.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Spread the sweet cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters. Add salt. You can sprinkle pie with thyme.
- Bake a tomato pie in the oven at a temperature of 200 ° C for 35-40 minutes.
- Pour it with olive oil, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
So, to make a really sweet tomato pie at any time of the year you only need the right tomatoes and this recipe.